Date: Oct 11 2019 - Oct 13 2019
Elba is a beautiful island in the Tuscany region known as the place where Napoleon Bonaparte was exiled after his forced abdication. What really makes Elba famous and renowned, though, is its clear, blue sea and beautiful beaches. The extraordinary richness of its landscapes, both land and marine, turn the island of Elba into a unique destination in Tuscany. Your visit to Elba will be memorable and unforgettable.
What to Expect:
We will be staying on a boat for three days and two nights, moving around this beautiful island.
- Friday: We will depart Vicenza for Elba Island. Along the way, we will take the ferry from Piombino to Portoferraio before arriving in Elba in the afternoon. After checking in to our hotel, we will spend the evening relaxing at the beach.
- Saturday: Participants will enjoy the Elba Discovery half-day tour of the island as well as wine tasting.
- Sunday: Divers will get to enjoy Elba paradise.
- Monday: We will leave Elba Island and arrive back in Vicenza in the afternoon.
We will see several historical sites of Napolean's past during our visit to the island. From the archaeological findings in its museums, to the impressive fortresses and military constructions such as Castello del Volterraio, to the beautiful Napoleonic residences of the 1800s such as Palazzina dei Mulini, we will take a step back to the past.
Outdoor Recreation will also be offering a dive option on this trip. A certified NAUI dive instructor will be available to guide you into the deep! Elba is the perfect place for outdoor sports and activities and among the most appreciated sports, there is diving and snorkeling in Elba thanks to its rich seabeds housing many different species of fish. Outdoor enthusiasts can also enjoy hiking and mountain biking.
Learn more: Elba
- Transportation to/from Elba
- Round trip ferry tickets
- Loding on the boat
- All meals (breakfasts, lunches and dinners)
- Dive masters
- Trip facilitators
- Tanks and weights
Our destination: Elba
Estimated travel time: 10 hours each way
Departs: Ederle Outdoor Recreation
What to Bring (for diving):
- Neoprene gloves
- Neoprene socs
- Dive computer
- Belt for weights
- Changes of clothes for 3 days and 2 nights
What to Bring (for the trip):
- Euro for purchases
- Sun protection (sunblock, lip balm, etc.)
- Activity-appropriate clothing
- Comfortable walking or hiking shoes
- Water and snacks
- Comfort items for bus ride
- Beach towel
- Personal scuba equipment
Don't miss this opportunity to spend your weekend exploring beautiful Elba Island!
Visit our facility page and scroll down to the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) sections to find answers to many of your trip and program questions.
Get updates, information and more! Follow us on Facebook.
$555.00 per person
Maximum 7 participants!
Register with Outdoor Recreation in person, over the phone or clicking the Sign Up button below.