About Child & Youth Services (CYS)
- Welcome to CYS
Child and Youth Services (CYS) provides programs and services for children of eligible military and civilian families. Within CYS you will find something to meet your children’s needs, including:
- Full, part time or hourly child care
- Before/after school care
- Programs for your middle school and teen youth
- Instructional classes
- Workforce preparation opportunities
- Sports and fitness activities
Today’s CYS programs, deemed a "model for the nation" by Presidential acclaim, continue to operate on these cornerstones:
- Quality – Child care is DoD-certified and nationally accredited
- Availability – Child care is available on- and off-post
- Affordability – Fees for various programs are competitively priced and affordable regardless of sponsor's income
- Accountability - To safeguard the Army's resources by efficient management oversight, good fiscal stewardship, reducing waste and protecting assets of programs and services to Soldiers and their Families.
- CYS Parent Handbook
Find out more about CYS, registration, and what is offered in Vicenza by reading the Parent Handbook.
- Frequently Asked Questions
How do I register my child with CYS?
Parents must register their children and youth for any CYS programs through the Parent Central Services Office at Bldg. 108, Davis Soldier & Family Readiness Center prior to receiving services. Setting up an appointment is necessary prior to registering, please call Parent Central Services Office to set-up a registration appointment
DSN: (314) 646-5820 or Commercial +39 0444-71-5820.
Where do I In-process & Out-Process for CYS?
You must stop by Parent Central Services Office at Bldg. 108, Davis Soldier & Family Readiness Center.
- For children already enrolled in CYS household files can be exported at previous installation.
- Pre-registration is available online at https://webtrac.mwr.army.mil/#page-0; select county then the Garrison and complete the steps.
- Registration on in person at Parent Central Services, Bldg. 73, please call to set up an appointment.
DSN:(314)633-7681 or Commercial:+39 050-54-7681
What sort of training do child care providers receive?
We conduct extensive background checks on all CYS staff. In addition, all staff working directly with children receive specialized training in Child and Youth development and other related topics. Training topics include First Aid, CPR, family style dining, nutrition, child growth and development, child/youth activities, and child guidance and safety, to name a few.
When registering children/youth for activities and trips, is there a priority system, lottery or is it first come, first served?
CYS works to provide each patron with a childcare option that meets his/her needs. If you need full or part day care you will be offered the first available space in any of our facilities, however, this option may not be your first preference. When there are no childcare options available for a specific type of care, we begin an excess demand waiting list. Placement on this list is by priority and date of application.
What sort of child care is offered?
Villaggio housing area:
- Bldg. 703: Child Development Center offers Full Day & Part-Day Care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- Bldg. 703: School Age Center offers Before/After & full day care during summer for grades 1 -5
- Bldg. 702: Youth Center offers grades 6 thru 8
- Bldg. 398: Child Development Center offers Hourly, Part-Time & Part-Day care for children ages 6 weeks to 5 years
- Bldg. 373: Teen Center for grades 9 thru 12
How often does the fee schedule change? How are these changes decided?
CYS patron fees are determined by the Department of Defense and based on Total Family Income (TFI). Fees are consistent across the Army and are adjusted annually, usually at the beginning of the Fiscal Year (October 1). Parents will always have a minimum of 30 days’ notice before any fees change. You may obtain a copy of our most up-to-date fee chart from any CYS Facility or Program Director.
What if my child has a special diet (i.e. allergy to peanuts)?
Special diets due to food allergies or religious needs must have documentation from a health care provider or clergy. Vegetarian diets are not allowed because CYS follows strict nutritional guidelines from the USDA and DOD regulations.
SKIES UNLIMITED FALL 2020 CATALOG AVAILABLE HERE.